We are looking for an Administrator to join the Mountaineering Ireland team in an exciting role. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, competent and proactive in prioritising and completing a wide range of administrative tasks and office duties. The role offers scope for learning and progression within a growing organisation, that is focused on enabling responsible participation in hillwalking, climbing and mountaineering, while also caring for the places and environment in which we enjoy our activities.
Key Elements of this New Role
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- General office duties, including answering the phone and dealing with queries.
- Data entry, reporting and maintenance of internal database and carrying out other IT-based tasks.
- Providing administration support to other members of the team.
- Minute-taking for committee and staff meetings.
- Assistance in organising meetings and scheduling events
- Liaising with committees, volunteers and external partners as necessary.
- Other duties which may be assigned.
- Education to Leaving Certificate standard.
- Minimum of two years’ administration experience within an office environment.
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- Self-motivated with good organisational capabilities and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent IT skills and a good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Reporting skills and strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Problem-solving ability, flexibility and positive attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Qualifications in the use of computer applications.
- Administration or Secretarial qualification.
- Active participation in any aspect of mountaineering.
- Interest in the natural environment and climate action.
- Loyalty and commitment.
- Experience of working for a sporting or voluntary body.
- An understanding of the role of Mountaineering Ireland.
- Personal experience of a committee role within a club or voluntary group.
- Experience of organising events, including the use of online booking systems.
- Experience of liaising with and supporting third parties.
We offer a competitive salary, training and development opportunities, a bike-to-work scheme and an outdoor clothing allowance.
Remuneration and Role Location
- Salary €30, 000 per annum.
- Subject to a satisfactory six-month probation period, the post is for 12 months with potential for extension.
- Full-time post of 40 hours per week, that may involve evening and weekend work.
- The post is based at the National Sports Campus Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 with travel as appropriate.
Please complete this Application Form and send email to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 25th September 2023.
Interviews will be held in-person on Monday 2nd October 2023.