Membership of Mountaineering Ireland includes members of clubs affiliated to Mountaineering Ireland, those who join as individual members and associate organisations. Mountaineering Ireland's membership fee includes three components; affiliation fee, insurance and the Irish Mountain Log postage.
Individual Membership Fees
Individual membership lasts for 12 months from the date of joining Mountaineering Ireland.
|Individual membership (Ireland and Northern Ireland)
|Additional adult family members
|Additional family members under 23
|Individual membership (UK except Northern Ireland)
|Individual membership (Europe* & rest of World*)
|Individual Youth Member
Club Membership Fees
Mountaineering Ireland's club year is from 01 November to 31 October.
|Adult Club Members
|Youth (Under 23) Club Members
The club membership fee is comprised of the Affiliation fee, Insurance fee and the Irish Mountain Log postage fee.*
As a member of Mountaineering Ireland you benefit from a range of benefits, including:-
- The Irish Mountain Log, delivered by post to your home address;
- Discounts in all good outdoor shops and a variety of other related retailers;
- Civil Liability and Limited Personal Accident cover insurance policy;
- A personalised membership card;
- A committed staff team to provide advice and information;
- Access to training schemes and awards for hillwalkers and climbers;
- Access to Mountaineering Ireland Training Grant schemes;
- A channel for your access, environmental and other concerns;
- Annual Summer Alpine and Winter Meets, which include training courses and workshops for all;
- Spring and Autumn Gatherings that include member forums;
- Access to the vast Mountaineering Library Collection;
- Expedition grants and advice;
- Skills and environmental workshops;
- Annual indoor climbing competitions;
- Eligibility for UIAA Reciprocal Rights stamps to Alpine Huts;
- Access to Travel & Activity insurance for walking and climbing trips abroad;
- and more!
*Membership fee broken down
|First 200 members
|Member 201 +
|Youth members (under 23)
Clubs can benefit from a 10% discount off the affiliation fee for their members renewed online during the month of November.
Irish Mountain Log Postage
|Members living on the island of Ireland
|Members living beyond the island of Ireland
Where there are more than one member living at the same address only one Irish Mountain Log should be associated with that address. Club secretaries manage this facility for club members.
*Members living beyond Ireland and the UK do not benefit from insurance cover.
'Associate Organisation' means a club or other body that does not qualify as a member club, where the recognised activities of Mountaineering Ireland is not their primary activity but is an interest and, for the time being, is approved by Mountaineering Ireland.
Associate members (those members of associate organisations) enjoy the same benefits as Member Clubs (as listed above) but do not have voting rights. Associate Members may attend General Meetings and, with the permission of the Chair, participate in discussions, but they may neither hold office nor vote.